Re: XF86Config for IBM Thinkpad 760XL

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:07:56PM -0700, Patrick_(_dot_)_Heim_(_at_)_mckhboc_(_dot_)_com wrote:
> Does anyone have a working XF86Config for an IBM Thinkpad 760XL?  I have
> tried numerous settings, but alas, all I get is a screen full of ugly
> flickering.

I usually have better luck with 'XFree86 -configure' than xf86cfg,
-textmode or not.  It probably won't be an optimal XF86Config, but
a little tweaking: add a DefaultDepth, and add "Modes" lines or, if
I know what the HorizSync and VertRefresh should be, adding them to
the "Monitor" section, gives me a pretty good X.

This is for XF4, of course.

<jakemsr_(_at_)_clipper_(_dot_)_net>

Visit your host, monkey.org