[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
lpd, laserjet iip questions
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: lpd, laserjet iip questions
- From: George Nelson <ghnelson_(_at_)_hallowedthoughts_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:43:36 -0500
- Reply-to: George Nelson <ghnelson_(_at_)_hallowedthoughts_(_dot_)_net>
- Subliminal-message: Tell me why...
I'm having a bit of trouble getting lpd to work with my laserjet iip.
On boot up I get lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7.
My /etc/printcap is:
lp|local line printer:\
after lpd runs and I send something to the queue, lpq shows:
borrowedtime 6:39AM ~ % lpq
waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)
Rank Owner Job Files Total Size
1st ghnelson 7 screen.txt 80 bytes
Now for some reason, lpq reports that my printer is offline even thought
it is turned on and fine. What I don't understand is that dmesg after a
reboot but before sending a doc to the printer reports lpt0 at isa0 port
0x378/4 irq 7. After I try to send a doc to the printer, dmesg now
will report that lpt0 is offline.
Am I missing something simple here? Do I have to recompile the kernel
with different options for lpt0? Or is my printcap lacking something?
Any help would be appreciated.
[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]
Visit your host, monkey.org