"unable to allocate pty"

Hm,

I was sure that someone else had had this problem, but searching through
the archives, didn't give me anything.

In /usr/src/sys/conf/GENERIC, there is a line:

# grep -i PTY /usr/src/sys/conf/GENERIC
pseudo-device   pty     64      # pseudo-terminals
#

But there is no such line in the arch specific one:

# grep -i PTY /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC
#

There is a "maxusers" which perhaps influences the number of PTY's? I have
already set this at 64. Will increasing this help me any?

Hope someone can help,

Tor

Visit your host, monkey.org