From: Alfred Breull [mailto:puma_(_at_)_hannover_(_dot_)_sgh-net_(_dot_)_de]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 2:44 AM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: 2.8 on a Dell Optiplex GX-100 with S3 VIRGE/GX video card

I've been running in a similar problem with an S3 VIRGE/MX (in a
Toshiba notebook, 490TDC) -- problems which hadn't been present
in OpenBSD 2.6's XFree86. Finally, it worked when copying the 2.6
XF86Config on top of the 2.8 or 2.9 versions (in 2.9 with changing
ps/2 to wsmouse etc.). Not exactly an elegant solution, however,
I'm too unexperienced for looking at the code.

---