Re: wordperfect

At 09:21 20.05.01 -0700, ...'liam wrote:
>At 11:13 AM +0200 5/20/01, Steffan Hoeke wrote:
>>On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 08:33:35PM -0700, liam wrote:
>>>  wordperfect 8 from corel is in the ports
>>>  /usr/ports/editors/wordperfect
>>>
>>>  yet, pkg_info and pkg_add don't do a darn. They both say the file
>>>  doesn't exist.
>>>  The file is not on the ftp server.
>>>  examining the Makefile, it says to download the file from Corel.
>>>  I did that, but I still can't use pkg_add.
>>>
>>>  Am I supposed to use make?
>>>
>>>  If I do that it really makes a mess.
>>
>>Try reading http://www.openbsd.org/ports.html
>
>I did read this. I just didn't apprehend the difference between a
>port and package. I do now. Thanks.
>
>Reading that page I was under the impression that all ports were
>packages and that you had a choice in most cases between using
>pkg_add and "compiling the port from source". In some cases "that
>port is not available for your platform".

errr, i also need some time to find out the differences, although
the page is pretty clear in this point. however, what about abiword
from http://www.openbsd.org/2.8_packages/i386.html ? thought not
wordperfect, the (very) short description doesn't sound too bad,
in my mind. also, it's a litlle less than 400 mb ... :)
-Alf

Visit your host, monkey.org