Logout without killing bg job?

I've painted myself into a corner and I may have to disconnect my terminal from the server.

is there a safe way to do this without killing the current job?

Like just killing the terminal on this end without bg or logout? That's crude and I don't know if it would work as intended.

Of course once I do that then I have to be able to get the job back to fg?
--
Later . . . 'liam

allenwc_(_at_)_home_(_dot_)_com
William C Allen, BLS, EET

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others"
At least I /have/ a purpose!