Re: DVDs over the LAN

Le Mon May 14, 2001 at 11:52 +0200,
Felix Kronlage <fkr-ml_(_at_)_grummel_(_dot_)_net> disait :

> mmh...search the web for linux/unix-dvd-tools, maybe you find some
> deCSS-stuff (iirc deCSS is for accessing crypted-dvd's)  that works for
> OpenBSD (isn't there even a deCSS implemented in perl? Somehow I recall
> reading about it).

It is not a matter of DeCSS (it is the client who must decrypt) but
the DVD must be authenticated by the drive before any reading. I
suppose this is the purpose of css-auth.c which comes with many DeCSS
sources.
--
MY HOMEWORK WAS NOT STOLEN BY A ONE-ARMED MAN
MY HOMEWORK WAS NOT STOLEN BY A ONE-ARMED MAN
MY HOMEWORK WAS NOT STOLEN BY A ONE-ARMED MAN
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 1F11