Re: Blind ftp directory...

I have something similar on my server (was testing for different
options) and the permissions is drwx-wx-wx root wheel.  I also get the
error of permission denied when I access the non-readable directory,
but I can upload/download to it.

--- Jan Johansson <janj-openbsd_(_at_)_wenf_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 10:40:04AM -0700, Anders Knudsen wrote:
> >Need some guidance on how to make a "blind" ftp directory.
> >What I want to achieve is have a public directory that anonymous
> users can
> >have put and get access to, but cannot list the files in that
> directory.
>
> I hope you realise that it will just be a mather of hours (or if
> lucky days) before you are hosting warez for half the world.
>
> Make it writeable but not readable if you must and put the public
> dir on a partition of its own trying to avoid DoS attacks.

That is precisly what he is asking how to do.  He doesn't know how.

=====
Peter Hessler
<yodadoa_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com>
http://auctions.yahoo.com/