Re: MS Proxy server in way?

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 11:09:09AM -0400, Mark Bonitatebus wrote:
> On the corporate LAN that I am currently administering I would like the
> talking heads to understand the merits of using OpenBSD as a firewall,
> gateway etc.  I have setup an OpenBSD box on an NT network and I can ping
> within the LAN.  I can't ping out and cannot ftp to anywhere.  Can't update
> src tree via CVS.  We are using DHCP server and proxy 2.0 is used for
> Internet access(dsl.net).  I can't figure out what exactly is going on.  My
> home LAN (2000 network) with Openbsd28 as firewall Nat router works fine.
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Mark

My thoughs are that the proxy server has been configured to not allow you to do these
things, as it should be. Most companies do not want traffic moving between the LAN
and the Internet without some security.

I would suggest that you spend a lot more time learning about the products and
why they are where they are. If you get this wrong and open up your companies
LAN to a security breach they are not going to like you very much.

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net