[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is the SiS5596 supported?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Is the SiS5596 supported?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:29:22 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:39:56AM +0200, Sven Kirmess wrote:
> I looked at the hardware compatibility list but I
> didn't find the SiS5596. It is a chipset with
> shared memory "on board VGA". I'm not going to
> use X. The question is, does it (presumably) work
> on the console or are there some known problems
> with share memory VGA chipsets?
I'm nearly sure it will work.
> btw: I have not yet bought the board and therefore
> can't test it out myself.
Sure you can still buy this one???
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org