Re: Kernel panic on first boot to 2.8; tries to mount foreign file system.

More info on the box:
	It's a PentiumPro/200 with one processor, on a dual-processor
motherboard;  both ISA disk controllers are disabled in the BIOS
and, aside from the floppy and the ISA sound card, all is PCI
(Matrox graphics card, Linksys ethernet card) and SCSI (Adaptec
2940UW).
	The boot sequence went, as normal, to my boot manager on sd0,
where I directed it to boot from sd1.  sd1 appeared to boot to an
OpenBSD prompt, then gave me quite a bit of quick-moving device
identification mysteria, concluding with
biomask 8840 netmask 8c40 ttymask 9cc2
pctr: 686-class user-level performance counters enabled
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
dksum: sd0 matched BIOS disk 80
dksum: ds1 matched BIOS disk 81
dksum: ds2 had no matching BIOS disk [this is an Iomega zip drive]
root on sd0a [Oops!  I told it in the install script that / should
go on sd1a;  sd0 has OBSD-unreadable exotic filesystems!]
rootdev=0x400 rrootdev=0xd00 rawdev=0xd02
filesystem type 0 not known .. assuming ffs [actually, HPFS;  ffs
was installed on sd1a]
panic: cannot mount root
stopped at                   _Debugger+0x4:  leave
ddb>
[here I try fruitlessly to issue commands like "boot sd1a" and so on]

	Please let me know if there's any info I can give that's of
use, or if the IBM boot manager (shipped with both OS/2 Warp v.3-4
and with PartitionMagic v.3) is known to be incompatible (it is
compatible with Linux, for what it's worth).  Does the boot process
look to sd0 or sd1 based on a system probe, or based on config info
on the boot volume?  If the latter, then I need to (manually?) tell
the file that the root volume is sd1a.

	Thanks in advance!
	--Chris

***