How to make IPF log messages not appear on root's terminal?

Hi.

I just started using IPF and have a block in log from
any to any rule.  But I dont want to have every IPF
log message appear on my screen when I'm logged in as
root...  From what I can tell, such IPF messages are
*.notice.  I know I can just change syslog.conf so
that no *.notice stuff is sent to my screen, but I'm
not sure if I want to do this... What other types of
messages would fall into the *.notice category?

So is there a way that I can have just IPF notices not
appear on the screen?
http://auctions.yahoo.com/