Re: how 2 use NIC card not in "Supported Hardware"

It's times like this that the "apropos" command is a great ally in the
hunt for information.

Doing an "apropos tulip", based on your thoughts that the card uses
a tulip driver on Linux, we get

    de (4) - DEC DC32x4x (Tulip) Ethernet driver

If we do a "man de" we get a statement that says

   "This driver may support other cards based on the 21040 and 21041
Ethernet controllers, or the 21140[A], 21141, 21142 and 21143 Fast
Ethernet controllers.

So the de(4) driver *might* work for you; it's certainly worth a try.

The apropos command really helps out when you're looking for something
and you aren't quite sure how to go about finding it.  Note that the
OpenBSD web site can do an apropos scan (its in the the manual pages
section), so you don't have to have ready access to an OpenBSD system
to get all the info you need.

Good luck!

--STeve Andre'