Booting from serial

Well, I'm running i386 -current on a p133 and figured I'd add "set tty
com1" to /etc/boot.conf.  I figured I'd take a chance and reboot remotely
since this is just a dev box.  There is no serial console attached at the
moment and of course it didn't boot.

Is the only reason my box didn't reboot because I had set it to com1
instead of com0?  I noticed that Henning had mentioned on 4/27 that
-current will reboot without the terminal attached.

Since I have it set to com1 am I never going to get it to boot even if I
have a terminal attached to com1 (resorting to moving it close enough to
a monitor so I can boot from floppy)?

Thanks, Greg