[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fell in a friggin' hole
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Fell in a friggin' hole
- From: Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 21:44:17 +0200
- Reply-to: openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net
On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:31:41PM -0700, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> and they say there's no place for "ed"
> Quoting Heikki Korpela (heko_(_at_)_saitti_(_dot_)_net):
> > On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, James Moore wrote:
> > > On 30 Apr 2001, Peter Werner wrote:
> > > > export TERM=ansi (in bash)
> > > > setenv TERM ansi
> > > tried this, but vi still complains that the terminal type is undefined!
> > > ???
there wouldn't be if you could change your policy and place vi
under /bin instead of /usr/bin. The same goes for other important
stuff like libs which is often too far away in case of emergency,
imho. Why take risks?