Re: files in install tarballs

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 01:15:28PM -0500, Joshua Stein wrote:
> Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > What about the second question?  Is there a record of which
> > tarballs/files were/are installed?
>
> Not for the base disk sets, no.  A 'make build' from the source tree
> would clobber these anyhow.

The reason I ask is that I'm working on the binary patch project, and
am basically to the point of making packages.  I have a list of changed
binaries, a list of new binaries, and a diff for all text files made
from comparing $DESTDIRs of 'make distribution's from -current and
(-current -1).  I would like to break this down to packages that depend
on the base packages.  Especially since the people who will get the
most use out of the binary patches probably don't have comp29.tgz
and misc29.tgz installed.  The other option is to make just one big
patch, and simply ignore the files from the "changed" list that
aren't on the machine already.  But what to do with the files in the
"new" list?

<jakemsr_(_at_)_clipper_(_dot_)_net>