netscape problems

Please forgive me if this is an old problem--

I start Netscape, click on the mail icon, and watch the
mail pour in... then, suddenly, the whole
browser disappears, and I see on my xterm
prompt:  "memory fault".  I start it again, and when I
click on the mail icon again , the browser disappears
again.
When I remove my Inbox file, it then works, again.

What is "memory fault"?  Is it serious?  Easy to
remedy?  I'm using OpenBSD 2.8, it's Afterstep, and
Communicator 4.75

Thanks,
--Dion.

Visit your host, monkey.org