Re: Network cards

Aaron Crandall wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, N. Artman wrote:

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place for this question.....
Can anyone recommed some good and cheap 10/100 PCI network cards which works
fine with OBSD/i386?

I like to use the D-link 530TX+ 10/100 card.  it sometimes give me
problems if the switch it is connected to is not very good, but otherwise
it works great and costs around $20USD.

Otherwise I'd look into a 3Com 3c905 card.  Those run around $45USD, but
are very nice 10/100 cards and I've never had any problems with them.

I agree with Aaron. While I cannot comment on the D-link cards I can
say that I have never has a problem with a 3com card, be it Linux, OpenBSD, or Winblows. They may cost a bit more, but I am a firm believer
in the addage "You get what you pay for."

--
Kent

Visit your host, monkey.org