[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: good time to move to 2.9 betas?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: good time to move to 2.9 betas?
- From: Alex Holst <a_(_at_)_area51_(_dot_)_dk>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:44:50 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: Alex Holst <a_(_at_)_area51_(_dot_)_dk>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Quoting carl_(_at_)_bl_(_dot_)_echidna_(_dot_)_id_(_dot_)_au (carl_(_at_)_bl_(_dot_)_echidna_(_dot_)_id_(_dot_)_au):
> It's not yet a production box, but will be pretty soon, can anyone
> recommend a good snapshot to put on it?
Not without knowing exactly what you use the machine for. Never make
significant changes to a production server without testing it seperately on
a testing machine that runs the same services, etc.
If you can't afford a test machine, then your production machine probably
isn't all that important.
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow. http://a.area51.dk/
Visit your host, monkey.org