Re: Preventing Single user mode booting

I'm pretty much an OpenBSD newbie, but I'll guess that the answer
is no.  If someone can boot their custom floppy, nothing, short of
encryption, you change on the hard drive is necessary to mount the
filesystem.

I suppose you could recompile the kernel, changing the filesystem
code to use some slightly different, incompatible, data structures.
However, someone might could be consider a (really lame) form of
encryption, which you have clearly ruled out.

- Marsh