RE: IPFilter

On 17 Apr 2001, at 11:53, jan_(_at_)_hundert6_(_dot_)_de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Does anybody know if IPFilter that comes with OpenBSD 2.8 is vulnerable
> > to the newly discovered bug in versions of IPFilter prior to 3.4.17.
>
> yes, it is. As is every ipf 3.x.x version before 3.4.17. Upgrade.

Um, not meaning to start a ruckus, but upgrade *HOW*?  There doesn't
seem to be a patch.  The CVS web repository for src/sbin/ipf is
showing everything is at least two months old.  It appears the
version of IP Filter in -current is 3.4.16 -- this is the version
that shows in both sys/netinet/fil.c and sbin/ipf.  There is a howto
floating around that explains how to upgrade OpenBSD using somebody
*else's* upgrade for ipfilter, but I hope we're going to get an
official patch for this -- pretty please?

(I think this is what the original post was asking about ...)

---
#include <disclaimer.h>
Jim Rosenberg
Ross Mould
259 S. College St.
Washington, PA  15301
(724) 222-7006 x 189
E-mail: jrosenberg_(_at_)_rossint_(_dot_)_net

Visit your host, monkey.org