Re: mutt & pop?

On 17, Apr, 2001 at 05:03:40AM +0300, Heikki Korpela wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Chris "sasha" wrote:
>
> > i installed the mutt + imap + pop package, but i cant figure out how
> > to make it use the pop server.  if it matters, i am using -current.
> > i edited my /etc/mutt/Muttrc file but mutt seemed to ignore it.

The usual recommendation on the mutt-users list is to use something else
than the built in POP3 support in mutt, most people go for
/usr/ports/mail/fetchmail, it's really nice, together with python with
FLAVOR="tk ..." you can get a graphical configuration frontend too.

I'd also recommend you look into /usr/ports/mail/procmail.

> Manual page says you should use /etc/Muttrc? (I prefer ~/. for most
> occasions.)                                            ^^^
                                                      ~/.muttrc

> Somewhat off-topic, perhaps, as there is a mutt users list. :-)

There is, it's rather friendly. :-)

HTH
		Morten

--