[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Help+kick newbie:bad install:partition full
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Help+kick newbie:bad install:partition full
- From: Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_gosh_(_dot_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:10:55 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Yuri Ko wrote:
> Obviously, I allocated too much disk space for /home partition which is
> empty at the moment and will remain more or less so, I guess.
If a) there are no users on the disk and b) the harddrive is somewhat small
and c) this is not a big company firewall I suggest not to split the filesystem
over much partitions. In this case I use one partition for /var (or /var/log)
and put / on the rest of the disk.
I can not see what's wrong with that.
Visit your host, monkey.org