[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Half-Life/Counter-Strike Dedicated Server on OpenBSD - info?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Half-Life/Counter-Strike Dedicated Server on OpenBSD - info?
- From: Fabien SEISEN <fabien_(_dot_)_seisen_(_at_)_IDEALX_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:53:13 +0200
- Cc: Phil Pennock <Phil_(_dot_)_Pennock_(_at_)_globnix_(_dot_)_org>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:26:16AM +0200, Phil Pennock wrote:
> The one real gotcha is that there's no real management console for the
> *nix versions of these servers, the way there (allegedly -- not seen it
> myself) is for MS Windows. So you're typing commands into the games
> "console", the tty it was started from, which get mixed up with
> asynchronous output from the game itself.
> Oh, yes -- they need to keep their tty. So install screen, but beware
> the security implications (setuid root, not a wonderful history).
it is easy to chroot half life server. (and don't need to be
run as root).
Fabien SEISEN <fabien_(_dot_)_seisen_(_at_)_IDEALX_(_dot_)_com> http://www.IDEALX.org/
Visit your host, monkey.org