[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
when arrows don't work in VI
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: when arrows don't work in VI
- From: Derek Sivers <bsd_(_at_)_cdbaby_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:56:58 -0700
Just recompiled the OpenBSD kernel for my first time.
(Make "virgin" joke here...) All went well. I didn't change much.
Except now in "vi" the arrows don't work.
Just says "[[ is not a valid command" and won't move the cursor.
Any idea what might have caused that?
"vi" doesn't need Linux or FreeBSD compatibility compiled does it?
Everything else works great.
(Sorry I didn't just "find out and see" on this one. It's a Pentium
133. Each "make" takes an hour.)
Visit your host, monkey.org