Re: mysterious problems with 2.8(i386)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:25:47PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 03:25:01PM -0400, Nicholas Basila wrote:
> > 	I find it strange that I lose all console access first (even if I
> > already had a login session, I lose the ability to type - also, no new
> > console messages appear on the screen). The only error message I get
> > from syslog is:
> > /bsd: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
>
> I'm seeing that on a 486/80 with 2 PCI NIC's and a single IDE drive. It's a
> non-critical infrastructure piece for me, but I'd be *very* interested in a
> solution.

Hmmm, I just had a anotehr (similar) failure.

Last console messages (typed from my hand-written notes):
Apr 12 10:12:15 moria /bsd: arplookup: unable to enter address for
207.253.255.163
Apr 12 10:12:15 moria /bsd: last message repeated 2 times
panic: npxdna: masked stopped at        _Debugger+0x4:     leave
ddb>

I needed this machine up fast (I had a big cvs update going through it (asthe
bridge)), so I reset it and didn't get any information from the debugger. It
came up fine.

Since this is running only the bridge and ipf, it makes me suspciious of
hardware. Are there any known problems with the ipf/bridging code in unpatched
2.8?

-T

--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
(Bruce Ediger, bediger_(_at_)_teal_(_dot_)_csn_(_dot_)_org, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)