[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Updating LD (?)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Updating LD (?)
- From: "Brian J. Kifiak" <bk_(_at_)_rt_(_dot_)_fm>
- Date: 12 Apr 2001 07:22:55 -0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> I'm running 2.7 and have a bunch of junk/dead directories in my
> ldconfig. What would I break if I updated to the 2.8 LD to get
> the "-U" flag?
In this case I'd say ``if it ain't broken don't fix it.'' You could
always fix it manually if it's a real problem.
I doubt you'll get a definitive answer about breakage. Upgrading
piecemeal is generally not a good idea as there's lots of hidden
interdependencies, and it's definitely not good if you can't afford
to have a broken system.