XF86 and VMWare

I've got VMWare running on Windoze, and I'm running OpenBSD on top of that.
I have XF86 running generically, but I want to get higher resolution.
Superprobe just finds a generic or unknown device.  There are special X
servers for FreeBSD and linux that will do better, but not for OpenBSD.

Possibilities I can think of: Run the FreeBSD or linux servers in emulation,
get VMWare to give me source, or find some magic tweak to XF86Config.
Suggestions?