Re: Amiga 2000 Problems

> Hi guys,
>
> I recently installed OpenBSD2.8 on my Amiga 2000 G-Force 040.  I am having some troubles and could use some assistance.  If anyone else is running OBSD on an Amiga, I would appreciate hearing from them to try to iron out some of my problems.
>
> I am running OpenBSD2.8 on an intel platform at work, so I have a little practice on a working OBSD box and can see my Amiga isn't working corectly.
>
> In a nutshell, I cannot get OBSD to mount any other devices other than .  I have read all the documentation I can find on it and have resorted to some Linux books

The openbsd web, especially the amiga page?

> as a last resort.  I have tried mount -t msdos /dev/sd3a mnt/jaz (for a PC-formatted JAZ disk), mount -t ados /dev/sd2a /mnt/ados (for an Amiga-formatted HD), mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom and I can't even get it to mount a swap file.
>
> I get "Read only File System"; "Device not configured"; "Input/Output error" and such.

Adosfs is read-only, since noone has written code that could write
amigados-filesystems reliably enough to not destroy amiga-OFS/FFS. Yet.

It will work if you mount it with the "-o ro" option.

It would also be helpful if you could quote whatever error message goes
with that particurlar command.

> My second problem is that I have 2 SCSI controllers (both GVP), one on a separate card and one on my G-Force 040.  It doesn't see the G-Force controller.  Not a terrible problem, but it removes 7 of my 14 devices.

As far as the compatibility list on www.openbsd.org/amiga.html goes,
there is no such support.
An output of "dmesg" would be nice though.

--
-"Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the straps."