sound questions

Hello!

I am currently running linux on a box that I would like to run OBSD.
The only problem I can see is the sound card.  It is a Yamaha OPL3-SA2.
It's a PNP card, but in linux I have to pass a bunch of parameters to get
it to work properly.  This is what I use to load the linux modules:
pre-install opl3sa2 modprobe "-k" "ad1848"
post-install opl3sa2 modprobe "-k" "opl3"
options opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 mpu_io=0x330 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=3
options opl3 io=0x388
The OBSD manpage for ym is pretty short, the only kernel options it has are:
ym* at isapnp?
audio* at ym?
And it says "Lots of work needed", but the date of the manpage is August 20,
1998.  Is there still work needed?
The wss manpage has more details, but I'm not sure if this is the driver
I need.  The options with wss from the manpage are;
device wss0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 10 drq 0 drq2 1
device wss0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 10 drq 0 flags 1
device wss* at isapnp?
audio* at wss?
(What's up with the "device" at the beinning of the lines?)
I did once install OBSD on this machine, and could play wavs, but mp3s (which
is what I want to hear) would loop the first frame repeatedly.  If I remember
correctly, it was using the ym driver, and I passed it no options.  I believe
the opl3 (FM synth) was detected properly.
So, can I use something like
ym* at isa? port 0x370
wss* at isa? port 0x530 irq 5 drq 0 drq2 3
mpu* at isa? port 0x330
opl0 at isa? port 0x388
midi* at opl0
The main problem I see is that ym and mpu only have isapnp as kernel options.
I would try to compile these options in a kernel on a different machine ...
Actually I just tried that and config said
FUNK:349: ym's cannot attach to isa's
FUNK:350: mpu's cannot attach to isa's
So I changed the isa? to isapnp? for ym* amd mpu*, but compile failed with:
ifconf.o: Undefined symbol '_mpu_isapnp_ca' referenced from data segment
ifconf.o: Undefined symbol '_mpu_cd' referenced from data segment
DANG!
Now I have
wss0 	at isa? port 0x530 irq 5 drq 0 drq2 3
ym* 	at isapnp?
mpu* 	at isapnp?
opl0	at isa? port 0x388
Which compiles, but dummy me forgot the machine I want this to work on
doesn't have a floppy drive, so I can't make a boot floppy!  ARGH!!
Anyone know how to make a bootable cd w/OBSD?

On a separate note, the machine I compiled the kernel on has a VT82C686A
sound chip.  Doesn't work with 2.8-stable.  I was following -current for a
while (got too hairy for me), and it worked to some degree.  Wavs played
fine, but mp3s were playing at the wrong speed.  I was using the -r option
with mpg123 to correct the rate, but that made the box really unstable.
Is anyone having luck with this chip in -current?  Is it possible to use
the auvia driver code from -current with -stable?

I WANT MY MP3!

<jakemsr_(_at_)_clipper_(_dot_)_net>

Visit your host, monkey.org