[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Installing from fat32 partition
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Installing from fat32 partition
- From: Joe Warren-Meeks <joe_(_at_)_hole-in-the_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:15:17 +0100
- Organization: iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprise.hole-in-the.net
- Reply-to: joe_(_at_)_hole-in-the_(_dot_)_net
I have a machine with a broken diskette controller on the mboard and I
would like to install from a fat32 partition on the HD.
I created a partition under windows2000 as fat32 and formatted it.
I then had to modify ntrw.c so that it would let me write to a fixed
disk (grr, I know what I'm doing, I'm not commiting suicide..) and wrote
floppy28.fs to it, set it bootable and rebooted.
This got as far as:
Then it hung.
Is there a way of installing from fat32? I know I could just move the
disk to another machine, but I want to do it this way now.