Installing from fat32 partition

Hello,

I have a machine with a broken diskette controller on the mboard and I
would like to install from a fat32 partition on the HD.

I created a partition under windows2000 as fat32 and formatted it.

I then had to modify ntrw.c so that it would let me write to a fixed
disk (grr, I know what I'm doing, I'm not commiting suicide..) and wrote
floppy28.fs to it, set it bootable and rebooted.

This got as far as:

reading boot.....
Bad Magic

Then it hung.

Is there a way of installing from fat32? I know I could just move the
disk to another machine, but I want to do it this way now.

Cheers

 -- joe.