[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: stripped OpebBSD and a bit philosophy.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: stripped OpebBSD and a bit philosophy.
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:41:14 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:27:01AM +0200, Jean-Claude Ben wrote:
> I'd just like to add a question :
> SendMail is known o be the most insecure mail daemon on the internet.
> Why do OpenBSD installs it by default ?
> Is the version provided with OpenBSD really more secured thant the one
> availlable everywhere else ?
> Why don't OpenBSD provide Qmail instead (which is only availlablme as a
> port) ?
> Jean-Claude Ben
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not again this discussion. I'd prefer OpenBSD to not install
ANY MTA, just direct the admin to "pkg_add /path/to/you/favorite/mta".
Henning Brauer | BS Web Services
Hostmaster BSWS | Roedingsmarkt 14
hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de | 20459 Hamburg
http://www.bsws.de | Germany
Visit your host, monkey.org