Re: Opinions on Samba on OpenBSD

The cacophony of voices in my head
Inform me that Reuben Sailor said:
> (Disclaimer: Im a newbie taking a shot at answering this, so dont take my
> word as gospel)
>
>  From what I understand, the the unix filesystem is fairly efficient and as
> such, isnt really prone to heavy fragmentation.  I am not aware of any
> defrag tools for unix....however, I imagine if they do exist, you can
> probably find at least one in the ports section of OBSD or by running a
> search on google.

There is one for ext2fs, no idea whether it works.

Anyway, if you have a seriously defragmented ffs filesystem, then it's
probably because the partition is too full, I think it's about 80%
that's the limit ...

If you wanna defragment, tar the partition and reformat, untar it back.

HAND
		Morten

--
lynx -source http://home1.stofanet.dk/liebach/pgpkey.html | gpg --import -