Re: Newbie question on VPN

> Yes, but when he mentions using Outlook and Exchange can he still use
> SSH?  More than likely SSH wouldn't be installed on the Exchange server,
> wouldn't that be necessary to forward a port to the Exchange server if he
> was using a Windows SSH client (since he is using Outlook)?

For Windows there is a ssh client called 'putty' that is top notch.

> Or would he just need to forward a port to a machine on the same network
> as the Exchange server?

He could put an OpenBSD machine on each end. In that configuration he could
use a true secure tunnel such as ipsec.

If using Exchange 2000 he can use Outlook for the web and have OpenBSD
firewall.

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net

Visit your host, monkey.org