Re: OT (slightly): djbdns question

You need a static ip, a real routable ip on the outside of the univ's
network first.  If you have that and they aren't filtering traffic to
your ip, you can run your own DNS no problem.

If you have a dynamic ip, you can still accomplish this as long as the
univ isn't filtering traffic by using a dyn-dns service outside their
network, as your ip changes a script would 'push' the new information to
the dyn-dns service and you would resolve as your domain again.

Another option, if you have a static ip that is routable is the free DNS
service of http://www.granitecanyon.com/  That will get you around your
univ if they are filtering inbound DNS traffic.  Simply setup your zone
through their service and they will 'point' all the traffic to your ip.
They run a bit slow with their updating, but hell it's a free service.
* Al Lipscomb <arl_(_at_)_q7_(_dot_)_net> [010319 13:01]:

--
  / //_(_)__  _http://www.kingsqueak.org _/ /__