Re: OT (slightly): djbdns question

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 11:31:58PM -0500, Jason P. Stanford wrote:
>    Could I use djbdns (under OBSD, of course) to map a .com domain
> name to a box within my university without going through the IT
> department?  I have had a domain name that I'm paying for but am
> no longer using the web hosting service I had been.  So the domain
> name is sitting unused.

Yes, but they may or may not like this, and there may be firewall rules
that would keep this from working.

>    Is there anything that would muck up my universities DNS servers
> by my updating my NSI records to indicate my djbdns box? Obviously
> there would only be a primary server and no secondary when I update
> the record. Would that be a problem on NSI's end?
>
>    Sorry for the OT post. I've been reading all I can on DNS today,
> and by now my head is spinning.  I would greatly appreciate any
> help (not the setup, but the theoretical possibility).
>
>    Thanks!

Take a look at www.granitecanyon.com they will host your domains records
for free.
--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net

Visit your host, monkey.org