Re: Weird Zipdrive

I've had several replies along these lines:
Zip disks use the 4th primary partition. Mount a DOS formated Zip disk
with:

# mount -t msdos /dev/sd0e /mnt

I get "Device not configured".

I don't buy this. I've mounted /dev/sd0c on other OpenBSD machines with no
problem, all file systems. It works here. But the /dev/sd0c disks that I write
can't be read /dev/sd0c on other OpenBSD machines.

It's something goofy about my machine. I don't know what, but I've ruled out
mechanical damage to the drive, since I have carefully swapped drives with no
change in the taxonomy of the problem. Some oddity of the DFI bios of that
generation?

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # Ceterum censeo
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # in herbas belli

Visit your host, monkey.org