[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Install Panic error (powerpc)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Install Panic error (powerpc)
- From: Claudio Jeker <cjeker_(_at_)_ee_(_dot_)_ethz_(_dot_)_ch>
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:13:43 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: Claudio Jeker <cjeker_(_at_)_ee_(_dot_)_ethz_(_dot_)_ch>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:15:45 -0600, James Kinney wrote:
> I'm a hardcore Apple person, and I figured that I would start playing
> around/learning Un*x OS's (ie, Linux and now OpenBSD). It's a stock G4
> 400Mhz, 320mb PC100 RAM, 40Gig IBM 7200rpm IDE Hard Drive, DVD-ROM, Zip,
> 17'KDS monitor, onboard gigabit ethernet, and no pci cards. I'll get
> straight to the point, I go through the installation and while it is "Making
> all device nodes" I get a
> "kern dsi on addr 10002ffc(changes every time) iar 1976b8(changes every
> panic: trap type 300 at 1976b8(changes every time) lr 19b554(changes every
> Stopped at 0x1a12dc: tw 0, r2, r2,
> It keeps repeating that. What do I do or how do I fix this?
> Thanks for your time and effort!
A few months ago I have installed OpenBSD 2.8 on a friends Dual G4 450 with the
same problem. My solution was to remove most of the RAM leaving only 64MB
in the machine. Afterwards the MAKEDEV went without a problem.