[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OT: mysql through ssh tunnel?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OT: mysql through ssh tunnel?
- From: Adam VanderHook <avanderhook_(_at_)_capitol-college_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:35:58 -0500
- Reply-to: acidos_(_at_)_users_(_dot_)_sourceforge_(_dot_)_net
On Monday 05 March 2001 20:19, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> solution ? dunno. try 127.0.0.1 (chances are you'll be optimized out
> again), or the ip of your NIC (chances are you'll succeed). and draw
> another stroke for `mysql - cons'...
That worked, and I have to agree with your sentiments on programs
trying to be smart. Its as easy as:
$ mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u webdb -p testdb
Although I had to go back in the server and allow webdb to connect from
the mysql-server instead on the Linux machine.
Visit your host, monkey.org