Lava Octopus-550 8-port serial card support on i386?

Hey All

first - Happy new year to all!

now to the point at hand-

I am writing to ask if anyone knows if support is planned for the 8-port
Lava Octopus-550 card?   Or should we just return the 8 port in favor of
several of the supported 'Quattro' cards?

http://www.lavalink.com/PRODUCTS/SERIAL/550/8port.HTML

The page at http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html suggests that Lava's other
cards might be supported by the puc device however, the 550 is not
recognized by my kernel, as seen below-

first, here is what my kernel spits out when it finds a single 8-port
PCI Lava card:

vendor "Lava", unknown product 0x180 (class communications, subclass
serial, rev 0x00) at pci0 dev 6 function 0 not configured
vendor "Lava", unknown product 0x181 (class communications, subclass
serial, rev 0x00) at pci0 dev 6 function 1 not configured

next, here is an excerpt from my kernel config (2.8-STABLE)
which shows the relevant portions in regards to serial devices:

puc*    at pci?                         # PCI "universal" communication
device

npx0    at isa? port 0xf0 irq 13        # math coprocessor
isadma0 at isa?
isapnp0 at isa?

#pc0    at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # generic PC console device
vt0     at isa? port 0x60 irq 1

pcppi0  at isa?
sysbeep0        at pcppi?

pccom0  at isa? port 0x3f8 irq 4        # standard PC serial ports
pccom1  at isa? port 0x2f8 irq 3
pccom2  at isa? port 0x3e8 irq 5
pccom3  at isa? port 0x2e8 irq 9        # (conflicts with some video
cards)
ast0    at isa? port 0x1a0 irq 5        # AST 4-port serial card
ast1    at isa? port 0x2a0 irq 6        # 2nd AST 4-port serial card
pccom*  at ast? slave ?
boca0   at isa? port 0x100 irq 5        # BOCA 8-port serial cards
pccom*  at boca? slave ?
rtfps0  at isa? port 0x1230 irq 10      # RT 4-port serial cards
pccom*  at rtfps? slave ?
hsq0    at isa? port 0x140 irq 10       # Hostess 4-port serial card
pccom*  at hsq? slave ?
pccom*  at pcmcia? function ?           # PCMCIA modems/serial ports
pccom*  at isapnp?
pccom*  at puc? port ?

# option for using CD1400 handshaking for incoming data
# requires a special cable that exchanges the RTS and DTR lines
# options CY_HW_RTS
cy0     at isa? iomem 0xd4000 irq 12    # ISA cyclom serial card
cy*     at pci?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Nick