Re: Half Life

I think you want to check the "Networking Setup" section of the FAQ,
particularly the ipf and ipnat sections.  Your problems are indeed
related.

ftp requires a proxy entry in your ipnat rules.  Here's mine for a
private network 192.168.10.0, where xl0 is the Internet-side interface
of the firewall:

map xl0 192.168.10.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp

Half Life will require NAT rules depending upon the ports that it uses
in order to send messages from the server to your client.  You'll
probably want to redirect connections to those ports from the firewall
to your Windows box, so that when the server initiates connections
they'll be serviced by the Windows box.

HTH,
-m

--
Michael Jinks, IB // Technical Entity // Saecos Corporation
"No one speaks English and everything's broken."  -- T. Waits