Re: Replacing sendmail with qmail on OpenBSD?

> As for daemontools don't play with it if you don't have to.  It's a great
> system but in order to use it 100% it will require lots of work.

I am not going to agree with you on this one, kind of. If you are setting up
a box that is going to be dedicated to qmail and/or the djbdns world I would
use the daemontools as well as the other recomended software he developed.

The way I would go about it is to install a clean Openbsd system. Go ahead and
edit /etc/rc.conf and get rid of inetd and all other services you are not going
to use. Install the needed packages from the ports tree. Keep it simple.

I would go as far as to remove any unused files (i.e. ftpd) to ensure
that as the box gets older you will have less things cluttering up the drives.

--

The Libertarian Party does not have the answers to all of your problems...
But they are at least honest enough to say so.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net

Visit your host, monkey.org