Controlling CPU % usage

I was wondering if it were possible to control the percentage of the CPU that a
program uses when it is running.  Basically, what I have is a laptop that stays
cool most of the time, but then I run something like setiathome and the CPU
heats up and the fan kicks in (normally the fan isn't on).  I want to keep my
CPU at the level right before the CPU kicks in.  In Windows there are programs
like rain and waterfall pro which keep the CPU cooler by sending HLT commands
to it, I believe.  Is there a way for me to do something like this in OpenBSD?
I've tried renice-ing it to 20 but it still sucks up a lot of the CPU and then
it gets heated up and the fan is quite noisy.  Thanks for your time.

-Ray-

Visit your host, monkey.org