Re: OpenBSD on PPC

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Seth Arnold wrote:

> I never got the hang of how apple names and markets their products. But,
> in a ray of hope: http://www.openbsd.org/items.html#28 ``The CD's are
> bootable on i386, sparc, and powerpc.'' The http://www.openbsd.org/plat.html
> page includes the cube under the powerpc heading.

Well the truth is, different versions of OpenFirmware have different
booting abilities

Some versions can boot off of ISO9660 disks, others only from a Hybrid
ISO9660/HFS disk

> And, if it isn't, I think you can make a boot floppy from the CD.

Although I don't think there is a floppy28.fs in the powerpc directory
under 2.8, even if you got ahold of a ppc boot floppy the G4 has no floppy

Take care,

Nick

Visit your host, monkey.org