Re: 3CR990 driver linux source

As far as I know, there is no reason to modify or reverse engineer the
tc990image, I believe is it a runtime image downloaded to the NIC, which
we may have no reason to modify.

Otherwise if need be, the EU/France laws allow reverse engineering for
device compatibility, non?

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Jean-Jacques Bernard-Gundol wrote:

> If you take a look at:
> http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linux/3c990img.h you will
> see it's a binary image, and the license is explicit:
>
> NO REVERSE ENGINEERING:  Modification, reverse engineering, reverse
> compiling, or disassembly of the tc990image is expressly prohibited.
>
> M Taylor <mctaylor_(_at_)_privacy_(_dot_)_nb_(_dot_)_ca> écrivait (wrote) :
>
> > Linux based source code for 3Com's 3CR990 NIC with IPSec support, is
> > available from 3Com's web site at
> > <http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/3cr990.htm>.
> >
> > I suspect this might be enough to write a OpenBSD driver for the 3cr990.

Visit your host, monkey.org