Re: Network dies on ftp transfer, bad nic?

Thanks for everyone's helps so far.

Steve, I'm curious if your Xircom card is using the ukphy like mine. I
still don't understand the direct correlation between the driver and
the phy's but I'm grasping at straws here.

In regards to trying to bump start it, I figure I'll give it a try. I
don't have anything to lose and I'm most likely going to be stuck at
the colo tomorrow anyways.

As for the other suggestions, I'm not running DSL so it isn't a
problem with PPPoE although I think that comment was directed mostly
towards Sean. I'm running at 100 Full Duplex, the nic's set to
autonegotiate and ifconfig says it's running at 100FD. Although I
haven't checked it I would imagine the ftp server I'm connected to is
running at 100MB FD as well. It's using the same nic card and
connected to the same hub, the only difference is the other computer
is running NT.

I've built an ftp server before with the exact same hardware on 2.7
and I don't remember having this problem. Of course they stole the box
from me a couple days after building it and I can't remember if I
tested ftp with large transfers so this does me no good.

I've always used Intel nics with no problems. I never much liked the
netgear nics and now I have a reason for my distaste. I think I'll be
bringing in my own nic tomorrow and I'll try replacing the netgear.
I'll post an update and let everyone know if this fixes it. Unless of
course someone has some magical fix no else has thought of.

Regards,
Jason Stout