[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mysql or BSD?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: mysql or BSD?
- From: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:24:19 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 06:14:18PM -0500, Ken Weingold wrote:
> For MySQL, under Solaris if you enter the password on the command line
> with -p, it shows you that when do a 'w' or something like that. In
> OpenBSD, it gives you:
> mysql -u root -pxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is this OpenBSD doing this or something with mysql itself?
I'm sure it's something BSD doesn't do automatically, but our
setproctitle(3) does make it possible.
David Terrell | "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but
Nebcorp PM | central to the decision was the realization that there are
dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net | two kinds of companies: Good ones ask you to think for
wwn.nebcorp.com | them. The others tell you to think like them." -Benjy Feen
Visit your host, monkey.org