From: "D. Cook" <cook101_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com>
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Sent: December 8, 2000 8:49:52 AM GMT
Subject: How to setup a domain in OpenBSD 2.7?

Hi everyone.  We want to move our www server from a hosting isp back to
our studio network because we'd like to link the www to a mysql database.
Our questions are: is it necessary to setup Bind to maintain a www
server at home? Or we just ask NIC to change the primary and 2nd dns to
our specified ips?  If a DNS is necessary to keep a www server (we could
still use an isp's dns for normail queries), how would that be done?
What changes do we need to do on the OpenBSD box 2.7/2.8?  We read
through faq (especially networking section many times) but could not get
enough clues.  /var/named things are so technical for us to know how to
adjust. Thanks in advance for any kind help and pointers.

D. Cook