[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: vi and crypto
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: vi and crypto
- From: Seth Arnold <sarnold_(_at_)_willamette_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:03:44 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Jim Breton <jamesb-openbsd_(_at_)_alongtheway_(_dot_)_com> [001207 23:48]:
> In what way exactly do vi and ed "directly support encryption services?"
You know, I forgot all about this option.
My Debian's vim supports the -x flag for encrypting/decrypting files.
Even though the /usr/src/usr.bin/vi/docs/USD.dic/exref/ex.rm document
mentions an -x flag, the actual /usr/src/usr.bin/vi/common/main.c file
doesn't support it -- getopt is called with "c:D:eFlRrSsT:t:vw:" or
"c:eFlRrSst:vw:" (depending on debugging).
It looks like the newer nvi vi we use doesn't support -x encryption any
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''
Visit your host, monkey.org