[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
snapshot vs. release
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: snapshot vs. release
- From: Jim Breton <jamesb-openbsd_(_at_)_alongtheway_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:21:15 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Prior to release of 2.8, I installed the Nov. 6 snapshot. Then I
planned on upgrading to the release, which I've downloaded (CDs on the
way ;) ). But, afaict (file sizes appear the same, and diff exits 0),
the release tarballs are the same as the Nov. 6 snapshot.
Is this the case, or did I download them from an outdated mirror? (The
file dates were Dec. 5 iirc, but you never know.)
I would love to not have to actually run an upgrade. ;)
P.S.: where can I get md5sums for src.tar.gz and srcsys.tar.gz? Didn't
see them on the ftp site, and they're not in the top-level MD5 file.